AND CHARACTERS OF THE NEW SENSATIONAL PRODUCTION OF "BEFORE
(Far der khasene)," by Mrs. Simchoff. Produced by Leon Blank,
with music by Peretz Sandler.
with great success at Sachs and Goldberg's National Theatre,
Houston Street and Second Avenue. Telephone: Orchard 2612.
evening, Saturday and Sunday, matinee and evening.
1. Michael Sachs, co-manager of the National Theatre.
2. Leon Blank, as the old father, Leyzer the Klezmer, in the 1st
act of "Before the Wedding."
3. Leon Blank and Fannie Lubritsky in the second act of "Before
the Wedding," when they sing their great success, "Got shik a
rfuah der mame (God, Send Medicine to the Mother)."
4 (top): Louis Goldberg, co-manager of the National Theatre.
4 (bottom): Jacob Rechtzeit, Bessie Weissman, in the comical
scene when he cries out that he doesn't want to have any
children. 3rd act of "Before the Wedding."
5. Leon Blank in his successful role as Leyzer the Klezmer in
the 3rd act of "Before the Wedding."
1. Jacob Rechtzeit, as Chaim Yankl the Greenhorn, in the last
act of "Before the Wedding," when he sings his successful
couplet, "Ibergemacht (Transformed?)."
2. Leon Blank and Bertha Hart, in the very touching scene, as
they flee a rainstorm at the end of the 2nd act.
3. Leon Blank, Bertha Hart and Sidney Hart in a very sympathetic
scene in the last act.
4. Leon Blank, Bertha hart in the heartbreaking scene in the 2nd
5 (top): Annie Meltzer, Fannie Lubritsky in bathing suits in the
5 (bottom): Leon Blank, as the old father in the scene where the
children want to insure him and he wants that the money goes to
the orphans in Russia. 1st act of "Before the Wedding."
1. Leon Blank, together with the entire National Theatre
personnel in the interesting family scene of "Before the
2. Great scene in the last act.
3. Leon Blank, Jacob Rechtzeit, Goldie Shapiro, in the strong,
comical scene in the last act.
4. The heartbreaking scene, as the mother is heard, and the
family plans to abandon her into an insane asylum.