LUCKY BOY (Der mazeldiger bokhur)," at
the Irving Place Theatre, on 14th Street and Irving Place.
Telephone: Stuyvesant 6918.
Now playing every Friday evening, Saturday and Sunday
matinee and evening.
Lawnfield and Weinblatt present Ludwig Satz in the greatest
comedy-drama in twenty-five years. In four acts by Harry
Comedy, drama, singing, dance, and sweet, heart-felt music.
With the participation of Bella Finkel, Fannie Lubritsky,
Peppy Lavitz, Mrs. Nadolsky and Ray Schneyer; Mr. Schacht,
Jacob Wexler, Zvi Scooler, Miriam Grossman and Sam Lawnfield.
CAPTIONS, left to right
1. My Feigele says that she is busy here. She leaves us, as
she sings the song, "Der tog vos geht avek kumt nit mer (The
Day That Goes Away Comes No More)." -- Scene from the great
... "The Lucky Boy."
2. Scene in the first act of "The Lucky Boy." Nathan
Lapensisik, the baker, kisses his wife, and the parents
break a plate. Scene with Ludwig Satz, Bella Finkel, Fannie
Lubritsky, Ray Schneyer, Mrs. Nadolsky, Zvi Scooler and
1. Father and child (Ludwig Satz and Miriam Grossman) sing
the heartfelt song, "Mayn feigele (My Feigele)." -- scene in
the last act of "The Lucky Boy."
2. Nathan Lapensisik (Ludwig Satz) comes to his bride with a
little bird. -- Scene in the 1st act of "The Lucky Boy."
3. Nathan Lapensisik, the baker, sings in honor of the
Sabbath, "The Galician Wedding." -- Genuine comic scene in
the 2nd act of "The Lucky Boy."
1. Am I a boor, and are you the educated one, the
shmiligenter?" -- A scene in the 3rd act, played by
Ludwig Satz, Jacob Wexler, Bella Finkel, Fannie Lubritsky,
Zvi Scooler and Miriam Grossman.
2. "My Feigele is returning. I'm happy, I'm fine. Let it be
ge'hrg'et!" -- Genuinely interesting scene in the
last act of "The Lucky Boy," played by Ludwig Satz, Bella
Finkel, Sam Lawnfield, Mrs. Nadolsky, Peppy Lavitz, Mr.
Schacht, Ray Schneyer, Miriam Grossman, Fannie Lubritsky,
1. Nathan the baker shows his wife a bagel, and he famously
used to have a baker lie in bed and bake a bagel. Great
comic scene in the 1st act -- played by Ludwig Satz and
2. "Dear mother, the father prays for you. Please come
home." -- Heartbreaking scene in the 3rd act of "The Lucky
3. Nathan Lapensisik sings to his wife, "The Crossword
Puzzle." -- Great laugh scene by Ludwig Satz and Bella
Finkel. -- Scene in the 2nd act of "The Lucky Boy."