(Shtifmames)," at Goldberg and Jacobs' National Theatre,
Second Avenue and Houston Street. Telephone: Orchard 2612.
Samuel Goldinburg, director. Harry Katz, general manager, J.
Now playing in the National Theatre Friday evening, Saturday
and Sunday matinee. Every Saturday matinee ladies free.
Produced by Samuel Goldinburg, music by Alexander
Olshanetsky, lyrics by Jacob Jacobs.
The most heartfelt and beautiful play in the Yiddish
theatre. You will laugh with tears and cry with laughter.
Harry Kalmanowitz's interesting, beautiful comedy-drama.
CAPTIONS, left to right:
1. A touching scene in the 3rd act -- left to right: Rose
Goldberg, Samuel Goldinburg, Fannie Lubritsky, and Hymie
2. Cameo: A scene in the 2nd act of "Stepmothers." Right to
left: Rose Goldberg, Janet Deutschman, Samuel Goldinburg,
Joseph Deutschman, Jacob Goldstein.
3. An interesting scene in the 1st act -- Rose Goldberg,
Jacob Goldstein and Joseph Deutschman.
1. Scene in the 1st act. Jacob Jacobs and Yetta Zwerling.
2. Rose Goldberg, Yetta Zwerling, Peppy Lavitz, Janet
Deutschman and Fannie Lubritsky.
3. Samuel Goldinburg, Jacob Jacobs, Hymie Jacobson, Bennie
Zeidman, Jacob Goldstein, Joseph Deutschman.
4. A happy scene in the 3rd act. -- Samuel Goldinburg and
1. A dramatic scene in the 2nd act -- Right to left: Joseph
Deutschman, Rose Goldberg, Janet Deutschman, Samuel
Goldinburg and Jacob Goldstin.
2. Cameo: A pathetic scene at the close of the 2nd act. --
Rose Goldbrerg, Janet Deutschman, Joseph Deutschman.
3. The last scene in the 3rd act. Left to right: Samuel
Goldinburg, Rose Goldberg, Janet Deutschman, Joseph
Deutschman, Hymie Jacobson and Fannie Lubritsky.
1. A strong scene in the 1st act. -- Rose Goldberg and Hymie
2. A strong scene in the 2nd act. -- Left to right: Samuel
Goldinburg, Fannie Lubritsky, Jennie Casher, Peppy Lavitz,
Gussie Juvelier, Janet Deutschman, Rose Goldberg, Joseph
3. A scene in the 1st act. -- Samuel Goldinburg, Fannie
Lubritsky and Janet Deutschman.