The 10th "Forward" "Vacation Follies"
The program that has become famous due to its
humor, satire, kibitzing, and unending laughter.
This year it will be staged at the Yiddish Art
Theatre (formerly the Public Theatre -- 2nd Avenue and 4th Street).
Telephone: Gramercy 5-1808.
Wednesday evening, August 21st.
With the participation of:
Celia Adler, Anna Appel, Judah Bleich, Misha
Boodkin, Judel Dubinsky, Misha Fiszon, Max Friedlander, Lucy German,
Rubin Goldberg, Samuel Goldinburg, Al Harris, Hymie Jacobson, Ben
Zion Katz, Morris Kenig, Miriam Kressyn, Abraham Lax, Leon Liebgold,
Moishe Oysher, Jacob Rechtzeit, Michael Rosenberg, Celia Schneyer,
Maurice Schwartz, Sholom Secunda, Herman Serotsky, Louis Weissberg,
Simon Wolf, and Yetta Zwerling. Director: Osip Dymow.
With a rare program.
1. "The Red Effort Broke," by Chone
Laughter from a crazy world, which the author shows in a crooked
2. "How to Make a Yiddish Talkie," by Osip
Oy, do they make them ...
3. "With Eyes of Passion," by Osip Dymow
Evil inclinations mixed with humor -- this rarely happens.
4. "The Magic Circle," by Osip Dymow"
A lesson for business. No extra charge.
5. "Radio Love," by Peretz Grossman"
You will roll over with laughter.
Maurice Schwartz will be the director of this number. Playing with
Maurice Schwartz will be Samuel Goldinburg, Hymie Jacobson, Abraham
Margolis and Dina Halpern.
6. "Do Not Cry, Young Boy," by Yosef
Music by Sholem Secunda. Performed by the darling Moishe Oysher. The
number will never be forgotten.
7. "Elsa Marquis," the Brazilian pianist, both
the eyes and the ears will enjoy her.
8. Sholem Secunda's orchestra.
9. Benny and Betty Frank, the cloud dancer, who
gives a "thrill" that you will not forget.
10. Rosemarie Brancato, the famous opera
singer; she will be positive and will sing at the follies.